As it was a bit miserable last night, I made a nice hearty winter vegetable soup. I always misjudge quite how thick it is going to be when I whizz it with the hand blender so I suppose it really could have been vegetable puree!
1 sweet potato
1/3 celeriac
2 carrots
2 medium potatoes
dash of garlic powder (because I didn't have any fresh)
dash of cayenne pepper
covered with water and boiled up for about half an hour and then whizzed with the hand blender with extra boiled water as necessary.
4 small onions
splash of red wine
balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
oil
slice the onions and fry slowly in the oil, add the red wine and reduce dependin on how much you put in! Add sugar and balsamic vinegar towards the end of the cooking time.
Put about two thirds of the onion mixture into the soup and whizz again.
Spoon into bowls and put a dollop of the onion in the middle topped off with a few scrapings of really strong cheese (I used my Isle of Mull cheese) and serve with crusty bread.
Absolutely heavenly.
And whilst we're talking heavenly, I'd be most grateful if someone would buy me this:
It would be wonderful to wake up snuggled up in that bedspread on a spring morning!
I seem to have an inability to type in the word flickr, instead I always type flockr but thankfully stop IE searching for it before it finds the page, I have small panics that it might be something seedy (having prior experience of mistyping yahoo and ending up on a rather eye opening website!).
I'm most upset with the amount of rain we had last night, whilst I'm sure the garden appreciates it, I know my poor little Iris doesn't because it's been bashed to smitherines :( I will make an effort to actually get out into the garden and take a few photos. It's only a small patch, but it's mine :)
I'm not convinced the worms really like this much rain either. It took be a good ten minutes to get to my car this morning because each time I passed a worm on the pathway I had to rescue it and put it on the grass or in the flowerbed. I hate to see them when the rain has gone and they're at the mercy of the blackbirds, or worse, when they're frazzled by the sun. It's not only small furry things I feel I need to save, it seems the wriggly things aren't safe from me either!!!
1 comment:
hello - good luck in blogland - I spotted you on my stats page - I have to say that teh last year of blogging has been a delight for me in unexpected ways - so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do - glad to hear you like phots - I think they make all the difference!
enjoy!
Post a Comment